Re: [nv-l] Ddell powerConnect switch supported MIBS

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Ddell powerConnect switch supported MIBS
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:20:16 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:20:45 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Jorge,
This looks like a broken mib to me. MIBs are not so complicated you cannot
see what is happening. Open the MIB in your favorite text editor and do a
search for portEntry(use the correct case, it might make it easier). Then
there should be a number of branch entries right below where portEntry
is defined. There appear to be duplicate entries. Just through looking at
other parts of the mib and comparing to this part, especially in regards to
the entries for portType, portName and portIndex you could see the problem.
You might also try searching for those words, as it looks like the compiler is
complaining about the children of portEntry having the same name(and
possibly index also). Its really not black magic, though some might disagree;-)

If you cant get it at all, send a link to the mib maybe someone here can help.

Paul

Jorge Jiles wrote:

Netview 7.1.4 on Solaris 8

Does anyone have clean copies of mibs supported by the Dell Power Connect 5224 type of switch? One of these switches is having some performance issues and I would like to gather some snmp stats from it.

I downloaded the private dell mib powerConnect-4.mib from mibdepot.com and dell.com but it gives me an error while compiling it.

Error: Two child nodes of portEntry, portType(5) and portType(3) have the same label.

Error: two child nodes of portEntry, portName(4) and portName(2) have the same label.

Error: Two child nodes of portEntry, portIndex(2) and portIndex(1) have the same label.

Thanks for any help.

Jorge A Jiles

Network Analyst

Academic Information and Communication  Technologies (AICT)

(Formerly CNS)

University of Alberta

Edmonton, Alberta

Canada