[nv-l] Monitoring Layer2

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Monitoring Layer2
From: <Ahmet.Al@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 14:22:10 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 13:25:56 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi all,

we want to monitor about 2000 switches and routers and some other core elements
at the customer site.  We want not see the downstream devices like
workstations. Because of that i configure a seed-File with the switches and
configure ITSA
l2_polling.cfg: C = manage connected ports only
correlator.ini: poll_all_ports=n
I read this suggestion in the list here. But it didn't work.
ITSA shows me in the physical view or layer2 report that the redundant path
connection is from Baystack (BS) P25 to Passport (PP) P7. And if i disconnect
one path of the redundant connection from BS P26 to PP P7 nothing happens. I
didn't get an event. The physical view and status report said all is fine.
Nothing is fine ;)
What`s going wrong?

Testenvironment:
NetView 714 FP003 and ITSA 13 on SLES9