Re: [nv-l] Netview 7.1.1. to 7.1.4 migration

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview 7.1.1. to 7.1.4 migration
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:13:33 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:09:30 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi Gerardo,
I'm not quite sure what the installation issue is that you refer to about /usr/OV/cron, but if it is at all possible, I would strongly recommend uninstalling NetView with the uninstnv script provided in the TOOLS directory of your installation media. That script makes sure that your Tivoli database is cleaned up, the Tivoli .installed directories are cleaned up and the Operating System installation database (odm on AIX, pkgadd/remove on Solaris and rpm on Linux) is cleaned up.

Since you seem to be part way through a manual remove, you need to use AIX SMIT to uninstall all elements of your NetView code, just as you would to remove any other AIX code. Your re-installation is failing becase AIX knows it already has the code. You need to follow smit paths Software Install & Maint -> Software Maint. & Utils -> Remove Installed Software and then select nv6000.base.obj and nv600.features.obj

If you want to check per-reqs before doing a NetView install, run the NVprereq.sh shellscript in the TOOLS directory of your NetView installation media.

Cheers,
Jane

Gerardo Ruiz Garcia wrote:

After a failed update due to the /usr/OV/cron subdirectory problem and clear
all .installed files in both TMR anf Netview Server, I try update again
and get the following error:

odmget -qname=nv6000.base.obj lpp
1> base.stanza
fgrep nv6000.base.stanza
1> /dev/null 2>&1
rtval=0
[ 0 != 0 ]
found "IBM Tivoli Netview Server - Base"
version 7 in state 5 (committed)
Please deinstall "nv6000.base.obj"
before installing the current version.

The system is an RS/6000 AIX 4.3.3 ML-10

How can I do that?
Do I need to deinstall Netview?

Thanks

Internet, Intranet y extranet.¿Quieres saber en qué se diferencian?
Toda la infomación sobre el mundo de la tecnología.

http://tecnologia.tiscali.es/

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2005 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights
reserved.