Re: [nv-l] status change problem??

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] status change problem??
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 06:47:49 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:48:20 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I've never done this on windows, but from doing it on AIX I know that the syntax of the trap is important. What exactly does your nvsnmptrap command look like?

Detroit

Swapna Prasad <swapna56782004@yahoo.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

09/14/2005 02:51 AM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] status change problem??

Hi All,

          I am using Netview 7.1.4 on Windows.

          How to find out whether the command in the auto action of event configuration has executed or not. The command is .bat which executes a java application which executes the nvsnmptrap for status change. The map is in read-write mode. The event browser is opened from Monitor-->Events--> All Events. The objects I am trying to change the status has the "status source of Symbol".
       When I execute my application from the command line I see a 58916871 trap in the event browser, but I don't see that from auto action, nor any status change occurs.

I referred to couple of mails in the archive. Under the Requirements for status change to work it is mentioned as follows...

   1. In order for an event, no matter how it is processed, to override status
and change the color of an object on the map(s), the Event process (called
nvevents) must be running in dynamic workspace in a control desk on the
read-write map, and the control desk must have been started by ovw (the map
process) initially.  This is the default NetView End User Interface
configuration.

The reason for this is that the APIs for the status override function are
in nvevents and ovw, and they can only be used effectively when both are
connected to the same read-write map. "

           The only service running in my machine is nvservice.exe,netmon.exe,trapd.exe.....  I don't see ovw or nvevents in netview installation directory. Are they referring to older version of NetView. Everything else seems to work ok.

In the nv.log I see this WARNING message

[ovspmd] WARNING: /usr/OV/conf/ovsuf: object manager polld: invalid behavior 120
[ovspmd] C:\usr\ov\bin\ovspmd.exe: /usr/OV/conf/ovsuf: object manager polld: invalid behavior 120

Is this any thing to do with the problem with status change.

Is there anything else I need to do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Swapna