RE: [nv-l] automatic action is acting strangely Thanks working now.

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] automatic action is acting strangely Thanks working now.
From: "Pretorius, Vynita" <VPretorius@fnb.co.za>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 08:29:15 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 07:29:48 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi all

I did not know about what ovactiond did with special characters however
Philippe M put me right he said:
ovactiond is changing your strings. For security reasons, IBM / Tivoli
have decided that automatic actions should
not contain special characters such as ; : [ ( etc and be replaced by _
characters, unless explicitly configured.

If you really need parameter strings containing say ( and ) characters,
you must add the following to /usr/OV/bin/netnmrc.pre

My problem has now been resolved. Thanks everyone

Thanks
Vynita Pretorius
+27 11 889-4231
+27 82 856 0321