Re: [nv-l] Error Integrating Netview - CiscoWork

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Error Integrating Netview - CiscoWork
From: Paul Stroud <nvladmin@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 07:32:50 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:33:21 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Anabella,
Good morning. From the error message it appears you are trying
to install an AIX 5.1 package on AIX 5.2. Does the Cisco Integration
Utility support AIX 5.2, or is 5.1 the latest? You should be able to
run lslpp -ah | grep libpthreads to see what version you already
have installed:

[(system1 :root) /]
lslpp -ah | grep libpthread bos.rte.libpthreads
[(system1 :root) /]
lslpp -ah bos.rte.libpthreads
Fileset Level Action Status Date Time ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
5.1.0.25 COMMIT COMPLETE 01/05/04 11:17:59
I think you will find that you are at 5.2.0.x already.  You might need
to contact Cisco to get an updated package, or there might be a
way not to install the base OS packages? Im not familiar with the
product, so this is about the best I can do.

Paul

Anabella_Gonzalez@banesco.com wrote:

Hi List,

I am attempting to integrate CiscoWorks with Netview 7.1.4 on AIX 5.2,
using that Cisco Integration Utility IntgUtil.v1_6.AIX.tar, but we obtained
the following error message when we executed the setup script.

ERROR: Install patch bos.rte.libpthreads 5.1.0.0
ERROR: and retry installation.
ERROR: Bad OS version 5.2.0.0
Finished: Wed Jan 4 16:55:47 AST 2006
===============- Software Install Tool Completed. -==============
===================- Possible Errors Encountered -===================
ERROR: Install patch bos.rte.libpthreads 5.1.0.0
ERROR: and retry installation.
ERROR: Bad OS version 5.2.0.0

Someone may help me to solve that situation.

Thanks,
Anabella

***REGULACIÓN DE USO DEL CORREO ELECTRÓNICO DE Banesco Banco Universal
HACIA INTERNET***
La información contenida en este correo electrónico y cualquier anexo
puede ser de carácter confidencial y es propiedad de Banesco Banco
Universal. Sólo está permitido su uso, copia, transmisión, recepción o
distribución a personas debidamente autorizadas. Si usted recibió este
correo por error por favor destrúyalo y/o elimine cualquier copia
guardada en su sistema y notifique inmediatamente al remitente o a la
dirección de correo electrónica mailmaster@banesco.com. Usted no debe
utilizar la información contenida para ningún propósito ni compartirla
con otras personas.

                                                  ***REGULATION OF USE
FOR ELECTRONIC MAIL OF Banesco Banco Universal TOWARDS INTERNET***
The information contained in this electronic mail and any attachment
can be of confidential character and is property of Banesco Banco
Universal. Its use, copy, transmission, reception or distribution is
allowed only to properly authorized people. If you received this mail
by error please destroy it and/or eliminate any copy kept in your
system and notify immediately to the sender or to the electronic mail
address mailmaster@banesco.com. You should not use the information
contained in this email for any purpose nor to share it with other
people.