Re: [nv-l] Handling PRI/BRI Links through Netview?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Handling PRI/BRI Links through Netview?
From: usman.taokeer@s-iii.com
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 19:55:12 +0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 14:52:54 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Thanks John!

So does it mean that Netview will handle PRI links the same way it handles other links e.g. Serial,FastEthernet etc. ?

John M Gatrell <John.Gatrell@uk.ibm.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

06-01-06 04:26 PM
Please respond to
nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] Handling PRI/BRI Links through Netview?

The PRI and BRI links show up for me, even though mine are normally in a down state.

I also use the snmpCollect daemon to gather Utilization in and out at the end of the connections nearest to NetView.

It may be worth checking that the routers only dial the links on interesting data traffic, i.e.

so that NetView's polling doesn't cause the links to dial.

John Gatrell