[nv-l] MIB Label

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] MIB Label
From: Oswin Budiman <armahalma@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 10:10:01 +0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 03:10:38 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi list,

I'm using Netview 7.1.4 FP03 on Windows 2003 SE. I wanted to know if
it's possible to change the MIB Label on the data collection to
reflect other data rather than the OID label. For example I got this
output if I collect the ifInOctets data for a node using Collect Data:

Name  MIB Label   Value
---------------------------
node1  ifInOctets.1        blabla
node1  ifInOctets.16777220           blabla
node1  ifInOctets.2        blabla

now instead of the numbers, can I change it to the ifDescr for example
to provide easier way to read and understand the data? I don't see
anyway to change it, but if I use the Graph Interface Traffic function
it could give the interface description, so I thought it's still
possible. Any clue on how to do this?

Btw, I'm looking for general solution, I mean I can use it not only
for the interface-related OID but also for another MIB attribute
label, so please don't tell me to just use the Graph Interface Traffic
to get the MIB Label written the way I want...

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Oswin