[nv-l] Cisco Link Down Events

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] Cisco Link Down Events
From: usman.taokeer@s-iii.com
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:57:28 +0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 12:54:25 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi,

Netview 7.1.4 FP03 Windows 2000 Server SP4

We have a Cisco 3745 Router configured to forward traps to the Netview server. When ever a link goes down it sends a Trap to Netview server as Cisco_Link_Down Trap with severity Intermediate, at TEC this trap is shown as FATAL without any message and hostname. When Cisco_Link_Up trap is received from the same router Netview works fine but on TEC it is again shown as Cisco_Link_Down with severity HARMLESS and the event also remains open even there is a link_up event. I think there is something wrong with Netview it is not sending those traps as properly formatted TEC events? Has any one faced this problem before how can i fix it?

Thanks in advance

~Usman
Si3.