[nv-l] What's the flow when trapd tec slot mappings are used as well as

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] What's the flow when trapd tec slot mappings are used as well as nvserverd w/ ruleset
From: Peter Raig <praig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:34:55 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 02:32:40 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I can't seem to figure this out and was hoping someone could help me understand:

I have a trap defined in trapd.conf that has  the TEC slot mapping defined:
trap-a  {1.3.6.1.4.1.290} 6 70000000 N 0 0 "Log Only Events"
stuffies
EVENT_CLASS NetBoss
BEGIN_SLOT_MAPPING
 source NetBoss
 sub_origin INFO
 severity "HARMLESS"
END_SLOT_MAPPING
SDESC
EDESC

And I have nvserverd runing with a ruleset:
ServerLocation=server
TecRuleName=PRODUCTION_NEW.rs
ServerPort=0
BufferEvents=YES
UseStateCorrelation=NO
StateCorrelationConfigURL=file:///usr/OV/conf/nvsbcrule.xml
## The following four lines are for debugging the state correlation engine
LogLevel=ALL
# TraceLevel=ALL
LogFileName=/usr/OV/log/adptlog.out
# TraceFileName=/usr/OV/log/adpttrc.out
#Pre37Server=YES
#NvserverdTraceTecEvents=YES

So the question is when the trap comes in and trapd hands off to nvserverd, does nvserverd process the event through the ruleset or just forward it to the tec?
The customer says it used to work but it recently stopped. I can't find any changed files. Other events get to the tec. Turning NvserverdTraceTecEvents on showed other events making to nvserverd  but not mine (don't fully understand where in the flow the trace is)