[nv-l] origin: NV -> TEC ???

Subject: [nv-l] origin: NV -> TEC ???
From: Michael D Schleif <mds@helices.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:36:41 -0600
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:37:26 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
NV v7.1.4; FP03
Windows Server 2003

This customer has had a lot of name resolution (DNS) issues.  Now, we
have given NV its own local name server.

Finally, the hostname slot in TEC is starting to come in as a name;
rather than IP address -- good.

However, now many Events in TEC are showing that same name in origin
slot ;<

Mostly, I am seeing this in following Classes:

    TEC_ITS_INTERFACE_STATUS
    TEC_ITS_NODE_STATUS

tecad_nv6k.cds shows this:

    CLASS  TEC_ITS_INTERFACE_STATUS
        SELECT
            1: ATTR(=,$ENTERPRISE), VALUE(PREFIX, "1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.3" );
            2: $SPECIFIC = 58916866;
            3: ATTR(=, "nvObject" );
            4: ATTR(=, "nvEventDescr" );
            5: ATTR(=, "nvApplNbr" );
            6: ATTR(=, "VB_8");
            7: ATTR(=, "VB_7");
        FETCH
            1: IPADDR($V3);
            2: IPADDR($V7);
        MAP
            category    = $V5;
            hostaddr    = $F2;
            hostname    = $V3;
            ifname      = $V6;
            ifstatus    = 1;              # UP
            msg         = $V4;
            nvhostname  = $ADAPTER_IP;
            origin      = $F1;
            severity    = HARMLESS;
    END

I sure wish that I can find an exhaustive list of definitions, and
limitations, &c. for items such as:

            nvObject
            nvEventDescr
            nvApplNbr

In the meantime, HOW can I force NV to populate the TEC origin slot with
ONLY IP address?

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,