RE: [nv-l] Cisco Integration Utility

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Cisco Integration Utility
From: "Catalina Martinez" <Catalina.Martinez@tlc.state.tx.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:33:18 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:33:55 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Thank you for you suggestions. Let me run this by you all and see what
you all think and in the process clarify a few things.

1) the current production netview apparently is corrupted but we do not
know the extent. Its limping along...I was advised by Support to restore
the current production from a good backup, however since I don't how
long we've had issues and we had just received our new server
(hardware)decided to build it from scratch.

The new server (pSeries 520) came with AIX 5.2 (which is also running on
the production server but this one is an H70). I installed Netview 7.1.4
FP 4.

We have a CiscoWorks (Windows) to access Ciscoview and all other CW
applications. I don't want to back level this new server to 5.1 just to
get icons?  We only want the cisco symbols/icons on the map. Can I just
transfer specific files for mibs/traps/symbols to accomplish this?

I believe the files I  need to copy from Production are:
oid_to_type
oid_to_sym
/usr/OV/fields
/usr/OV/symbols