RE: [nv-l] Netmon not responding?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Netmon not responding?
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 08:41:43 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:42:13 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I recommend that you do the following if 7.1.4  FP03 is not working for you
on Windows 2003.
(1) try FP04. That is the current level of code.  Any new problems found
will have to fixed on top of that as a base.  The old levels are not
available.
(2) If that does not work, then call Support and get them the information
they need to pursue the problem (probably at least a netmon trace)
(3) Then drop back to whatever level seems to work for you, as you choose,
but if you don't do (1) and (2) first, then you may be stuck at that level
forever without a migration path.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             usman.taokeer@s-i
             ii.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.         nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
             us.ibm.com                                                 cc
                                       nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com,
                                       owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
             02/28/2006 01:46                                      Subject
             AM                        RE: [nv-l] Netmon not responding?

             Please respond to
             nv-l@lists.us.ibm
                   .com

What do you recommend James,

a) Removing FP03 and work with base installation
b) Use FP04

Regards,
Usman
Si3.

 James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
 Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                                                  nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
 27-02-06 07:03 PM                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
           Please respond to                      RE: [nv-l] Netmon not
         nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com                    responding?

Senny, did you ever think of calling IBM Support and reporting the problem?
That's why they are there.
FP04 is already out the door, and the Windows version was late precisely
because of problems with Windows 2003 which weren't discovered until very
late in the testing cycle.  As I reported on this forum before, Microsoft
changed their socket API, adding a new message to be issued under certain
conditions, and, of course, failed to document the change.    I don't know
whether FP04 will solve your problem or not, but perhaps you could have had
a definitive fix much sooner if you had involved Support.  This isn't
Microsoft; it's IBM.   We believe in same-release fixes whenever possible.

There's no reason for any customer to suffer problems with IBM software by
herself or himself.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

            "Senny M"
            <senthil.mani@ust
            ri.com>                                                    To
            Sent by:                  <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
            owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
            us.ibm.com
                                                                  Subject
                                      RE: [nv-l] Netmon not responding?
            02/27/2006 07:40
            AM

            Please respond to
            nv-l@lists.us.ibm
                  .com

Hi Usman,

We also faced the same sort of issue long back and after doing many
experiments, we observed that the issue was raised due do the installation
of FP03 that seems to be incompatible with Win2003. We have removed FP03
and reverted all databases back to normal. Now Netview is running without
any issue. We are still unsure on what part of FP03 brings up this issue on
Windows 2003 platform.

Anyway, if possible you can give a try by removing FP03.

Regards,
Senny