RE: [nv-l]Private Interfaces and Duplicate IP addresses

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l]Private Interfaces and Duplicate IP addresses
From: "Bursik, Scott {PBSG}" <Scott.Bursik@pbsg.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 07:52:54 -0600
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:54:00 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Thanks for the responses guys. We are in the process of sun setting
NetView so I cannot turn the CNAT feature on even though I think that is
the better option. I will see what luck I have unmanaging those
interfaces and setting them with a ! in the seed file.

So if I set:

!192.168.*.*

In the seed file I won't discover those interfaces? I was under the
assumption that when the node was polled with SNMP the interface would
be discovered anyway?

Thanks!

Scott Bursik
Enterprise Systems Management