Re: [nv-l] help with Cisco Catalyst WS-C 4006

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] help with Cisco Catalyst WS-C 4006
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:28:37 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:29:20 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Thanks to everyone who responded.

Turns out that ifDescr (. on this box was no help, the
interfaces just seemed to map to themselves, e. g.
for this particular machine.  Whether that's an IOS difference or a config
difference, I haven't a clue.  But the box did respond to both the
CISCO-STACK-MIB::portIfIndex.$slot.$port => $ifndex
and the
 IF-MIB::ifName.$ifndex => "$slot/$port"
as Alfred suggested, and the results matched, so I'm confident they are
correct.  It did not respond to the OLD-CISCO-CHASSIS-MIB, at all

Clearly this is more art than science, and I sincerely appreciate the

James Shanks
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group