[nv-l] TSM integration ???

Subject: [nv-l] TSM integration ???
From: Michael D Schleif <mds@helices.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:30:29 -0600
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:31:21 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
We have been asked to manage events originating from my client's Tivoli
Storage Manager systems.

We have found reference to a couple of MIB's; which we can process via
Netview, and forward on to TEC, as required.  Anybody here care to
comment on this process?  What best practices do you recommend?

Also, we find TSM documentation references to a TEC event adapter
(receiver), including these BAROC files:

    ibmtsm.baroc
    itsmuniq.baroc
    itsmdpex.baroc

Again, anybody here care to comment on this process?  What best
practices do you recommend?

I have worked enough with TSM to know, and to respect, the voluminous
stream of events that these processes can engender.

I am especially interested in recommendations regarding managing events
on the TSM side.

Please, understand, I am NOT asking howto use the MIB's in NV; rather, I
am looking for input regarding howto decide whether to use NV for this
purpose; or to go directly to TEC via event adapter.  Somebody with
experience can say if these two processes duplicate each other; and
whether or not there is value in using NV at all in this process.

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,

mds