RE: [nv-l] Migration Document

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Migration Document
From: "Evans, Bill" <Bill.Evans@hq.doe.gov>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:26:51 -0500
Delivery-date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:27:45 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
That's a simple one Mike.  I'll presume you're on Unix or Linux. Windows
may be a little different and I've not been there is a couple years.
The principle is the same though.

1. Use the backup facility on the Server Setup to do a backup of your
existing machine and copy the resulting directory to your new machine.
The directory should be something like "/usr/OV.back.v7r1".

2. Then install on the new machine and tell it you want an upgrade:
"instalnv -u -k SERVER".

Unless you are doing something which is "not supported" that's all there
is to it.  Someone will correct me tomorrow if I'm oversimplifying.

Bill Evans