[nv-l] error w/ mib2trap

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] error w/ mib2trap
From: "Glen Warn" <Glen.Warn@pemcocorp.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:56:51 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 00:57:47 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Running NV 7.1.4 FP3 on RH AS.21

Have had this problem before, cannot recall work around.

Trying to get traps defined for CISCO-IPSEC-FLOW-MONITOR-MIB.my

Run mib2trap against it and works well (except for this warning at the beginning)

Warning: The mib description doesn't seem to be consistent.

 Some nodes couldn't be linked under the "iso" tree.

 These nodes are left:

And this at the bottom

Enterprise object id not found for trap cikeTunnelStart, (6,1).Enterprise object id not found for trap cikeTunnelStop, (6,2).Enterprise object id not found

 for trap cikeSysFailure, (6,3).Enterprise object id not found for trap cikeCertCrlFailure, (6,4).Enterprise object id not found for trap cikeProtocolFailu

re, (6,5).Enterprise object id not found for trap cikeNoSa, (6,6).Enterprise object id not found for trap cipSecTunnelStart, (6,7).Enterprise object id not

 found for trap cipSecTunnelStop, (6,8).Enterprise object id not found for trap cipSecSysFailure, (6,9).Enterprise object id not found for trap cipSecSetUp

Failure, (6,10).Enterprise object id not found for trap cipSecEarlyTunTerm, (6,11).Enterprise object id not found for trap cipSecProtocolFailure, (6,12).En

Now that I have a script to run, I do but it returns this over and over again.

Usage: /usr/OV/bin/addtrap -n enterprise-name

          -l trap-label

          -i ent-object-id

          -g gen-trap

          -s spec-trap

          -o source-ID

          -S severity-flag

          -t status-type

          -c category

          -F format-specification

         [-C command]

         [-d display] ]

         [-D description] ]

         [-N node list] ]

         [-e TEC Class Name] ]

         [-E TEC Slot Name] ]

         [-V TEC Slot Value] ]

         [-T do not send FMTCHG event to trapd ]

 If arguments contain space, use the double quotation mark.

Here is a sample from the beginning of the script.

/usr/OV/bin/addtrap -l cikeTunnelStart -g 6 -s 1 \

   -n cipSecMIBNotifications  \

   -o A  -c "LOGONLY" -t 0 \

   -S 1  \

   -T \

   -D "This notification is generated when an IPsec Phase-1

IKE Tunnel becomes active."  \

   -e cikeTunnelStart  \

   -F '$E $G $S $# args: $*'

I’ve also tried running the first step manually and it fails too.  Am tinkering to see where but here is the command I’ve used.