RE: [nv-l] error w/ mib2trap

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] error w/ mib2trap
From: "Glen Warn" <Glen.Warn@pemcocorp.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 11:09:21 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 19:10:05 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Thank you Joe!!!  This solved my problem (strange there were 3 other
spacing errors further down too)! Simply introducing a space permitted
the mib2trap to finish running.
One other note, however and I cannot explain this.  When the script was
generated, it put a -i 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.171.2.0 parameter in (which was
good since I manually did this before) but it appended a zero which
rendered it useless (the traps came up as undefined again).  I removed
the trailing zero, deleted the "bad" trap definitions and reran it. It
works well again.

HTH someone else in the future,
Glen