RE: [nv-l] Browsing MIB IBMServeRAID

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Browsing MIB IBMServeRAID
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:36:31 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 May 2006 16:36:36 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
You've asked for the walk to start with a MIB object that doesn't exist.
1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6   is  .iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.ibm.NetView
and 167 would be some object under that.  But there isn't one that I am
aware of.

Try something simple

snmpwalk myserver system

and you'll see all the MIB-II system information.

snmpwalk  myserver  >  myserver.out

will have the agent start at the top and respond with everything he knows.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             j.chaussinand@b-a
             -w.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.         nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
             us.ibm.com                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             05/22/2006 11:23          RE: [nv-l] Browsing MIB
             AM                        IBMServeRAID

             Please respond to
             nv-l@lists.us.ibm
                   .com

Thanks for your help.

Here is what I did :

snmpwalk myserver 1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.167.

and I obtain : no MIB objects contained under subtree.

I'm new on network monitoring so I don't understand all the subtleties of
the MIBs...

  "John Sobrinho"
  <john_sobrinho@sympatico.ca>               Pour :
  Envoyé par :                       <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>,
  owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com        <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                                             cc :
                                             Objet :        RE: [nv-l]
  22/05/2006 17:05                   Browsing MIB IBMServeRAID
  Veuillez répondre à nv-l

Hi..

Try doing an snmpwalk on the device and review the output, preferebbly from
another workstation or sever where there is no mibloading, compare this to
the netview nms. There may be mismatch in the mib versions, missing mib you
loaded in comparison to what is on the target machine (target machine my
have corrupt or missing mib). By reviewing the raw data from snmpwalk, you
should be able to tell.