[NV-L] No Netmon related events in trapd.log

To: "'Tivoli NetView Discussions'" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: [NV-L] No Netmon related events in trapd.log
From: "Anvaj A B" <anvaj.aliyarukutty@ustri.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:18:01 +0530
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:55:08 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

NetView 7.1.4 FP4 on AIX 5.2

I have noticed a strange problem of not generating any netmon related traps like, interface down, node down, node marginal etc on trapd.log file.

I have checked the netmon daemon status and found running. Tried fixing the database inconsistencies and still no netmon related events on trapd.log file.   Tried Demand poll to see netmon is responding and found working. What could be the problem for netmon not generating netmon related events in trapd.log

Best regards,

Anvaj