RE: [NV-L] ? about automating action on Windows using SNMP Set

To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [NV-L] ? about automating action on Windows using SNMP Set
From: "Glen Warn" <Glen.Warn@pemcocorp.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:52:34 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 19:53:55 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
Hi Ahsan,

I have found many "event log monitor" tools that would indeed do the
automation for me locally - problem is none are free (or even cheap for
that matter)  Since Netview is already paid for I was trying to leverage
that resource.  You've hit it precisely on the head - I want the flow to
be this
1) Event occurs written to log
2) SNMPtrap sent to Netview
3) SNMPset sent back to originating server (thru ruleset or event
config) - calling script or executing exact command (IISReset)

I am capable of 1 & 2 but have no idea how to issue and snmpset that
will "kickoff" the command on the windows system.

Any ideas would be appreciated,
Glen