RE: [NV-L] TEC Event Forwarding Intermittently Failing on 7.1.5

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [NV-L] TEC Event Forwarding Intermittently Failing on 7.1.5
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:24:16 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:30:04 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

You can edit tecad_nv6k.err to get some tracing. The first thing to do is to route all messages for TECIO to the log file and see what you get after the thing restarts. If NetView isn't sending the event on to the TEC library code, you should notice that here. But if you see the event was sent, then the TEC library has it, and what happens after that is a TEC issue.

The TEC folks would have to give you a tec_diag_config file (or you can get one from the TEC SDK) and have you run their trace.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
Inactive hide details for "Cooprider, Eric" <ecooprider@ycsd.york.va.us>"Cooprider, Eric" <ecooprider@ycsd.york.va.us>

          "Cooprider, Eric" <ecooprider@ycsd.york.va.us>
          Sent by: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

          12/13/2006 10:50 AM
          Please respond to
          Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

"Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

cc

Subject

RE: [NV-L] TEC Event Forwarding Intermittently Failing on 7.1.5

I’m having this same issue on NV forwarding events to TEC stopping sometime during the day/night.

Box is running on Win2k and has been for a very long time, but since upgrading to 7.1.5 it has this problem.

I do have UseStateCorrelation=NO and it still stopped sometime last night.

Not sure its relevant but noticed the tecad_nv6k process is using about 50% of the memory on the box currently and I had just restarted all the nv daemons and did a route add on the nv box to test the tec forwarders, it successfully sent the first TEC_ITS_INTERFACE_STATUS message and NV marked the node as down but when I removed the route, and NV found it online again the service jumped in % processor from virtually nothing to this 50% use and has stayed there for about 20 minutes so far and still hasn’t sent the forward to the tec as far as I can see on that machine.

Any help from list would be appreciated otherwise I will have to PMR it up to IBM

Eric Cooprider