Re: [NV-L] NV 7.1.5

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] NV 7.1.5
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:59:41 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 14:37:46 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

Hmm. We run a lot of Solaris 2.9 installations in the lab without issue. Have you checked your ovwdb cache size lately?
Do an ovobjprint -S to get a count of objects in your object database and then use serversetup to see what ovwdb has for his cache size. It should be about 20% greater. If not, make it so and restart him.

Also have you done an ovtopofix lately? Try ovtopofix -a if you have multiple maps; ovtopofix -A if only one.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
Inactive hide details for "Jermyn, Michael PO" <Michael.Jermyn@defence.gov.au>"Jermyn, Michael PO" <Michael.Jermyn@defence.gov.au>

          "Jermyn, Michael PO" <Michael.Jermyn@defence.gov.au>
          Sent by: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

          12/14/2006 05:51 PM
          Please respond to
          Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

"Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

cc

Subject

sec:unclas [NV-L] NV 7.1.5

All,
have just upgraded to 7.1.5 on Sol 9 and am having some serious latency issues with our map.

8Gig RAM and 4, 900Meg processors which are sitting at 70% idle with no I/O wait on the disks.

Navigating thru the map making adds, moves and changes is causing the map to continually lock up and making it unusable.

Is anyone else having these issues?

Mick Jermyn

Network Management Systems Administrator
Application Support

Kaz Group Pty Ltd

DNOC-1B-118
HMAS Harman Canberra 2611
Tel: +61 2 61278277 Thur/Fri
Fax: +61 2 61278239

Contractor to Defence

IMPORTANT: This e-mail remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete all copies.

GIF image