[NV-L] SmartSet

To: <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: [NV-L] SmartSet
From: "Rob Rinear" <rob.rinear@engyro.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:26:06 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:49:59 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

Is there any way to use propagated status as a condition on a smartset?  At least that what I think I need …  I have the IP internet grouped into a hierarchy of Location containers, at the lowest level of each branch is a store location that contains the router, networks and nodes in that store.

I am easily able to create a smartset of the store locations with ('isLocation' = True) && ('Selection Name' ~ '^Store’), and a smartset of nodes down with (('IP Status' = 'Critical') OR ('IP Status' = 'Unreachable') OR ('IP Status' = 'Marginal')) AND ('isNode' = 'TRUE').

Now the customer would like a combination of these … a Smartset showing only the Store Locations with something down.  In the Store smartset, these Location containers are yellow, red or white when there are store problems, but the Location itself does not have a status – only a propagated one (I think).

So … Is there any way to pick up the Location objects with a propagated status other than Normal in a SmartSet?  Or some other creative solution?  I am using 7.1.5 (Windows), but I have access to Unix if necessary.

Thanks,

Rob Rinear

Engyro Corporation