Re: [NV-L] Tivoli Netview Support

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Tivoli Netview Support
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:13:08 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:26:30 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

I can't say officially since no end-of-support date has been announced, but IBM knows full well that
(1) NetView customers need time to understand how the move to Precision IP will benefit them,
(2) NetView customers need time to plan a migration to Precision IP, and
(3) many NetView customers want to leverage their NetView investment for some while to come.

So we aren't going away any time soon. Various people have told me that since any End of Support announcement requires at least a year before it is effective, and End Of Life announcements are two years or even longer, that I can expect to be supporting NetView for at least three more years, and probably longer. That's not official, of course, it's just a guess from the folks down here in the trenches.

If you need help planning a migration or you need the inside scoop on where everything is going so that you can make long-range plans, then talk to your IBM Marketing rep. She, or he, can get you non-disclosed and then you can ask all the questions you want.

I'm telling you straight up that I've heard some very important people at IBM lay down the law on this. They do not want any NetView customer to feel abandoned. And my colleagues and I are taking that mission very seriously.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
Inactive hide details for REAMD@nationwide.comREAMD@nationwide.com

          REAMD@nationwide.com
          Sent by: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

          02/26/2007 09:28 AM
          Please respond to
          Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

cc

Subject

[NV-L] Tivoli Netview Support

Hi All,
I know that Netview 7.1.5 is the last version. Does anyone know how long IBM will support it?

NV-L mailing list
NV-L@lists.ca.ibm.com

GIF image