[NV-L] Netview: Console, map and blue icons...

To: "'nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: [NV-L] Netview: Console, map and blue icons...
From: "Ilas, Yann" <yann.ilas@eads.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:56:27 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:01:24 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

Hello all,

I have questions about Netview (which is running on windows 2000 / the version is 7.1.5).

1. A question about the console. In fact, I see that there are two consoles: The "Netview Webconsole" and the "Netview Console" (and the console we can access by using a browser but that console is not important here). Apparently it is not possible to start both consoles at the same time?

I can't start the "Netview console" (for instance: I want to change or add a server) while the daemon "netviewd" is running... Is there something I didn't see? Or maybe it is not possible to do that?

2. When I stop the "Netview Console" and restart this console, some of icons turn to... "blue" (undefined state ?). I set the option "Save Open Topology Objects every 20 minutes" but nothing changes. Is there something I have to do to have the true color of these icons?

Regards,

Yann