RE: [NV-L] Netview: Console, map and blue icons...

To: "'Tivoli NetView Discussions'" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [NV-L] Netview: Console, map and blue icons...
From: "Ilas, Yann" <yann.ilas@eads.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:02:47 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:13:28 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

Hello,

Ok for Netview console. I think I'll used the "netviewd" daemon and stop this daemon if I need to add a node.

Now, about the blue icons, I'll try to explain (better ;-) ) my problem:

At the first configuration of the Netview map, I started the discovery of servers (by using "netmon seed" file). Once these servers were discovered, I created a map by using the « location.conf » configuration file.

Then, I started the creation of applications (services, processes, etc.) by using the « nvsniffer » application.

Now, I have the icon representing the server and inside this icon, I have services (or applications) which are running.

The problem is about these icons. In fact for some servers (not all), when I close/restart the Netview application, some icons turn to blue (instead of staying red or green because they were green or red just before stopping the application).

I really don't understand why... Indeed, the SmartSets are green...

Where are stored the states of each icon of the map? Maybe the problem comes from here?

Note that the color is changed by using the "nvsnmptrap" application (from a TEC rule).

Regards,

Yann