[NV-L] NV-L

To: nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com
Subject: [NV-L] NV-L
From: durga priya <durgapriya_cse@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 02:43:38 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:46:34 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

Dear sir,

     I need the following clarifications regarding Tivoli netview 7.1.4 for windows 2000 professional

1)If I do not have a SQL database installed in  server, will the  mib information be stored?If so where?

 2)When I tried to graph MIB data for a snmp enabled node,It shows the following

 There is no data to graph.
Select ?tools->MIB->collect Data? to see the current collections.
Then select ?data? to view the nodes within each collection.

Even I have tried the above said ,it did?nt work. The collected data field displays mib data.But still I am unable to draw the graph.What may be the reason?

3)When the network LAN cable was unplugged,there was no change in the status of the nodes inspite of setting the polling options of duration 20 minutes, even after an hour.What could be the reason?

4)what are the special features(including security) available in netview rather than the other network management tools?

5)How to configure new traps?

Thanks in advance..

Bye?expecting an early reply?..
durga