[NV-L] Trapd Events 1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5

To: <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: [NV-L] Trapd Events 1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5
From: "Amir, Mohammed - Corporate Core - ICT Services" <Mohammed.Amir@oxfordshire.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:26:32 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:31:25 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
Hi,

First question about netivew....I am new to Netview so people I apologise in advance for any stupid questions.

I have a situation where I'm receiving loads of traps in trapd.log and most of them are similar to the following:

? NO FMT IN TRAPD.CONF: Enterprise (1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5) generic:4 specific:0 args(0):

Now this is what I have done to try and get rid of this problem

I have started xnmtrap and added a new Enterprise Name called Enterprise and an Enterprise ID as 1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5 and then added an Event Name as Authentication_Error and under generic trap I left that as Enterprise Specific with the specific trap as 0. I reloaded the trapd.conf file with event -e  FMTCHG command and was hoping that this will get rid of the NO FMT bit but I'm still getting then and this whole saga has left in confusion hence my plea for help to you guys who have worked with this product for a while now.

Also is there a way to acknowledge these trap events so that they stop coming into the trapd.log file once you start to action on it or you are aware of the issue ....this is to stop the log file going into some kind of trap storm which inadvertently affects demand poll and quicktest.

All help appreciated.

Many thanks.

Amir
Senior Systems Engineer
Operations Team
Oxford County Council

Oxfordshire County Council - rated a four-star 'Excellent' council by the Audit Commission

The information in this e-mail, together with any attachments, is confidential. If you have received this message in error you must not print off, copy, use or disclose the contents. The information may be covered by legal and/or professional privilege. Please delete from your system and inform the sender of the error. As an e-mail can be an informal method of communication, the views expressed may be personal to the sender and should not be taken as necessarily representing the views of the Oxfordshire County Council. As e-mails are transmitted over a public network the Oxfordshire County Council cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message. It is your responsibility to carry out all necessary virus checks. You should be aware that all emails received and sent by this Council are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and therefore may be disclosed to other parties under that Act. www.oxfordshire.gov.uk