RE: [NV-L] Trapd Events 1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5

To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [NV-L] Trapd Events 1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5
From: "Scott Hammons" <shammons@aisconsulting.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 08:34:36 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:38:42 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
Amir,

No need to applogize for asking questions.  We've all have been there before.

One of the things  you can try is to determine what device this is coming from.
 There should be an IP address from where the SNMP trap is coming from in the
log files.  After you have determined which device is sending the trap, see if
you can find a MIB file for that device.  Sometimes you have to get them from
the company directly or you can find them at third party sites (i.e.,
mibdepot.com).

Once you have find the correct MIB, you can then use a utility called mib2trap
that will take that MIB file and create an script for you with the correct
addtrap commands so you can add the trap definitions to the trapd.conf file.
Once this is done, you can reload the trapd.conf or you may want to restart the
NetView processes if the reload command doesn't appear to be working.

I hope this helps.

Scott