Re: [NV-L] DB2 nvcollector upgrade HOW??

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] DB2 nvcollector upgrade HOW??
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:56:03 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:12:10 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

There are instructions on switching SNMP data collectors in the IBM Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Linux Administrator's Guide which you can access here,

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/index.jsp?toc=/com.ibm.itnetview.doc/toc.xml

I would also look at the Release Notes for a few extra hints and tips, and there are some troubleshooting instructions in the Installation Guide, since most people switch to the data collector by doing an a new or upgrade installation. What you need to know if that's how you are going to do it is in there, along with those hints in the Release Notes, which were added after the Installation Guide was complete.

My advice is to download all the 7.1.5 PDFs and search them all for "nvcollector" before you continue. IMHO, setting up snmpCollect is a piece of cake compared to setting up nvcollector.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
Inactive hide details for Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@princeton.edu>Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@princeton.edu>

          Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@princeton.edu>
          Sent by: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

          09/19/2007 09:17 AM
          Please respond to
          Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

cc

Subject

[NV-L] DB2 nvcollector upgrade HOW??

NV 7.1.5 FP1
SOL 9

I want to use SNMPV2 collector.

Did NOT install DB2 with initial NetView install.

I have jut installed the DB2 package.  (I think, since there is no clear
doc on how )

Has anybody done this as a post install?

I have talked to support, and they seem to be lost too.  I have been
working with DB2 group but they don't know Netview.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems