RE: [NV-L] Events to TEC

To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [NV-L] Events to TEC
From: "Sperry, Kevin" <Kevin.Sperry@us.ngrid.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:52:12 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:02:27 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
Hello,

using the scripts method seems straight forward but we want to poses the central control of what is sent to TEC.  We are running UNIX and like the idea of using the adapter, however, adding vendor events to TEC_ITS.rs is confusing me.  When I look at the file, this is what I see for example.

EventAttr35 EventAttr ForwardCorr36
Specific 0 50790442 50790442 0
ForwardCorr36 ForwardCorr
""
EventAttr37 EventAttr ForwardCorr38
Specific 0 50790419 50790419 0
ForwardCorr38 ForwardCorr
""

I looked in the manuals and cannot find information about the format of this file or  field descriptions. How do I enter vendor specific events into this file? Any insight would be greatly appreciated as always.

Thank you,

Kevin Sperry