[NV-L] NV 7.1.5 Demand poll/map issue

To: nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com
Subject: [NV-L] NV 7.1.5 Demand poll/map issue
From: Brett.Gillett@cadillacfairview.com
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 18:21:58 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 23:22:42 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
Hey everyone,

Hoping someone out there can help me out with this one...

Noticed today that even though nodes were down, our maps were still all
green, started digging around and then found that running a demand poll
never finishes, both in the GUI and from the command-lline.  All we see is
"Waiting for the Network Monitor (netmon) on the server to respond..."

Found this in the nv.log file, google'd it and found nothing that looked
like it was related,

11/05/09 18:10:40 [netmon] Demand poll: CreateFile on pipe '\\.\pipe
\demand.2844' failed. Error: The system cannot find the file specified.

Not sure if the two are connected or not, but it's the only error I could
find, so I figured I would start there...

We're running on Windows 2003 R2, NV 7.1.5

At this point I am at a complete loss...any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Brett