Re: Nways Manager v1.1 on NetView 4 Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Nways Manager v1.1 on NetView 4 Question
From: david biondi <dbiondi@ETS.ORG>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 10:17:57 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have a similar problem where ahmtopod dies.  It does run for several days
before it fails, though, so I'm not sure if it's
the same problem that you are having.  However, support did send me PTF
U450768 which is supposed to fix problems
with this daemon.  For logging, check your netttl.log (see the netfmt
command for how to read it).

To turn on debugging for the ahmtopod daemon:

cd /usr/CML/trace
create the file ahmtopod.flags with the line
        -debug ALL
kill -31 the ahmtopod daemon to start or stop the trace.
It will write the trace file to /usr/CML/trace/ahmtopo.debug

Dave

From: "Randy Smith" <rsmith@CETA-HQ.CETA.COM>, on 6/2/98 10:31 PM:
Hi All,

I've got a box running Nways Manager on top of NetView 4. For some reason
the ahmtopod process (which manages the ATM topology, I presume) starts,
but then dies. I've looked in the various Nways directories and in
/usr/OV/log, but I can't locate the spot where I can figure out why this
daemon keeps dying on me. Any pointers in the right direction would be
appreciated!

--Randy--