More records in the events display..

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: More records in the events display..
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 22:49:47 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi, John. You need to edit the file /usr/OV/app-defaults/Nvevents and increase
the entries that
control the maximum number of events shown, and also the maximum number of
events loaded.
They are right near the top, and the comments explain them. The default is 500.
If yours is less than that, it is because I reduced it when I installed your
Netview for performance reasons. There is a penalty to be paid in memory
consumption when
you increase these settings. So keep an eye on it after increasing it.

Cordially,

Leslie Clark
IBM Global Services - Network & Systems Management - Detroit

I am using NetView 4.2 on Unix.  I would like to increase the size of the
Control Desk log.  It wraps after about 8 hours of messages.  How can I
increase the size to hold several days.  Also, can I filter at NetView,
messages I don't want in the log such as Token Ring station inserts and
deinserts (I realize this should be done at the hub, but can't right now).

Thanks,
John Mutrux