Interfaces

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Interfaces
From: Maciej Podoski <Maciej.Podoski@THEMUTUALGROUP.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 09:23:47 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi there

I have an AIX 4.1.5 RS/6000 with NetView 4.1.2.  The box has ethernet, token
ring and ATM interfaces, but at the moment the bulk of traffic goes through the
token ring interface.  I want to move all that traffic to the ATM interface and
all seemed fine
untill I tried to reboot the machine.  First of all, it took forever as the
SNMP agent timed out, then the GUI would not start and so on.  My question is
then is there something in the standard NetView startup files that looks for a
token ring
interface?  Or should a change to the default gateway and to the static routes
in the routing tables be enough?

Maciej