Re: Status not changing

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Status not changing
From: Scott Wilson <swilson@RPM-SERV.RPM.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 14:01:47 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have experienced similar things - like the interface shows
green, but a single interface node is red... One thing that I found
will correct it is to Acknowledge the object, and then
unacknowledge (from a RW map) and the status will come
back correctly. HTH,

Scott

> -- [ From: Vynita Pretorius * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
> Hi all
>
> We are running Netview aix 4.1 and have the following problem
> a router with a loopback address appears on the map as red with all
> interfaces as being down. I did an ovtopodump of the router and the
> status was UP. I stopped and restarted all the netview Deamons
> and this did not change anything. Eventually I unmanaged the device, re
> managed the device and it went green.Before stopping the netview daemons
> I did a couple of demand polls but it did not change.
> Could anybody tell me why this happened and how do I rectify it ?
>

> Thanks
> Vynita P

Scott Wilson                         Email: swilson@rpm.com
Network Management Consultant        Pager: 800-506-7348

                     RPM Consulting, Inc.
                 7130 Minstrel Way, Suite 230
                     Columbia, MD 21045

Corp. office: 410-309-6000       Corp. fax:    410-309-6070