Re: Status not changing

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Status not changing
From: Vynita Pretorius <vpretor@FAST.CO.ZA>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 23:11:37 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
-- [ From: Vynita Pretorius * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Hi James

I don't have a directory /usr/OV/PD, so I did a search on ipmap and cores
and came up empty handed. Maybe PD only applies to NetviewV5 not V4.

Thanks for your kind assistance and I really appreciate the effort and
knowledge you give this forum.

Vynita P

> Date: Tuesday, 16-Jun-98 05:02 PM
>
> From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM  \ Internet:    (james_shanks@tivoli.com)
> To:   Multiple recipients of list NV-L \ Internet:    (nv-l@ucsbvm.ucsb.
edu)

> Subject: Re: Status not changing
>
> >> Could anybody tell me why this happened and how do I rectify it ?
>
> First you need to do some PD (problem determination).  The only reason for
this
> I can think of is that ipmap cored at some point and did not properly
update
> the status on the map.  Have you looked for cores in
/usr/OV/PD/cores/ipmap?