DataCollector on NV V5 NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: DataCollector on NV V5 NT
From: Dominique JEANNEROD <jeannerod@APOGEE-COM.FR>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 21:27:03 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I try to use the SNMP Data Collector on Netview V5.0a for NT, and I notice
thefollowing problem : it looks like the instances specified aren't used.
For example, I collect ifOperStatus for all instances (*) on routers with
more than 25 interfaces, and the datacollector only retrieves instances 1 and 2.
Another test : I specify instance 2 only, and the data collector also
retrieves instances 1 and 2.
Does someone have an answer ?
I work on Netview for AIX for years and never noticed such a problem ...
        Dominique JEANNEROD. Responsable technique
|        APOGEE Communications, Agence Sud-Est                 |
|        113 boulevard Stalingrad, 69100 VILLEURBANNE          |
|        Phone : 0478173838 -- Fax : 0478173839                |