Re: nv6000.log

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nv6000.log
From: Herbert Kinzler <herbert.kinzler@BASF-C-S.DE>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 11:19:41 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

     you can also start NV with ' nv6000 -nl '.  Have a look at the man
pages of NV6000.

   Best regards,

   Herbert Kinzler
   BCS/NET

debuigny@DALLAS.NET on 21.06.98 15:43:37

Please respond to NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Herbert Kinzler/BCS/BASF)

Moise;

How fast is that file growing?  It is normmaly going to grow no matter
what.  It adds entries each time you start up the GUI, or in your case
each time an error message is generated to your shell.

I would create a small shell script that archives the days log and
creates a new, empty one.  Then you'll need to decide how long to keep
the old ones.

Plus, you're getting alot of error messages in there.  You need to get
in touch with support for that.

Good luck!

Art DeBuigny
debuigny@dallas.net

Moise Dignard wrote:

> I have a problem with the file "nv6000.log". In my system this file grows
> sometimes up to 50 Meg, and fills up the directory, and the default one
is > root (let me tell you that my box did not like this). Therefore I link
the > nv6000.log file in the  /usr/OV/log directory, that way when the file
grew > my box would not crash, only the file directory /usr/OV/log would
fills up.