Re: How to send my traps to another network management station ?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: How to send my traps to another network management station ?
From: Moise Dignard <DignardM@STENTOR.CA>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:00:04 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi James,
     I did what you recommended (Framework -> Configure -> ... -> Set
options for Trapd). And from that menu (in Set option for trapd) scroll
down to " Forward ALL traps to: (hosts) " and wrote the IP of the box that
I wanted the trapds to be sent. After I click on  O.K  (the message said
"completed successfully") then Close.

     But after a few minutes realizes that this wasn't working(nothing had
been received by the other box). Therefore I went back to Set options for
Trapd and saw that the change wasn't saved. I can changed it as many times
that I want and when I go back to Set options for Trapd the changes dot not
appear. If you go in the Tivoli book " NetView.. Installation and
Configuration " on page 8-10, you will see the "Set options for trapd"
window. If you look beside "Forward ALL traps to: (hosts)" you will see
N/A. Those that means that it is not available. If it's not available what
you suggested will not work. And if it doesn?t work, is there a way to do
want I wanted to do initially, or is it impossible. But if it is possible I
would really appreciated you (or anybody else) to tell me how I'm supposed
to do this, or what I'm doing wrong.

extra info on my NV box:
1) I have MLM and NV running on the same box
2) if you look in "Set options for trapd" -> Port used to receive SNMP
traps over UDP: 165
                              -> Port used to receive SNMP traps over TCP:
165

Regards
Moe