Re: Where could we obtain DEC OpenVms 6.2/7 file MIB

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Where could we obtain DEC OpenVms 6.2/7 file MIB
From: Daniel Blaisdell <blaisdel@GAR.ESYS.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 07:19:16 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Otto,

We are using TCPWARE to run TCP/IP between our OpenVMS systems.  We are also
wondering where to find the "private" MIBs for OpenVMS to be able to monitor
our systems using SNMP.  Does your reply mean that there are no "private" MIBs
for OpenVMS 6.2/7 or does it mean that you do not know where they are?  Does
your reply mean that we have to get "Digital TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Alpha"
in order to get the "private" MIBs?

The URL you referenced does not appear to reference MIBs at all the closest it
comes to the subject of MIBs is the mention of SNMP in a short paragraph.
==============================
SNMP Extensible agent (eSNMP)
             Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) provides support for
network
             management. Extensibility means that an agent can support multiple
subagents. This
             implementation has an agent, two subagents, and an Applications
Programming
             Interface.

I ask your forgiveness for not understanding.  Please clarify your reply.

Thanks.

Daniel Blaisdell
Senior Software Engineer