Transcend & Netview -Reply

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Transcend & Netview -Reply
From: Hal Dorsman <DORSMANH@SPH.HBOCVAN.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:03:36 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Andrew,  I do not have Token ring, but I have seen the same for other
devices.  It usually means that the version of Transcend you are running
is not compatible with the device or firmware revision in the device.  You
might want to put a call into 3Com support and ask them about revision
compatibility.

Cheers.

Hal Dorsman
Network Adminstrator
Saint Patrick Hospital
Missoula, Montana, USA

>>> Andrew Winup <AndrewWinup@RBSINT.COM> 08/20/98 07:56am

We have Netview V4 and have just install Transcend Token Ring Device
Manager but its greyed out in the Administer menu. The 3Com Managed
ring
icon has appeared but is in an unknown state (Blue). We are trying to
manage Superstack II Token Ring Hubs (which have appeared in the
netview
map).

Anyone out there had any experience with this ?
Thanks

Andrew Winup
Network Manager
Tel. 01534 285290