NetView NT 5.0A - graph snmpcollect data

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView NT 5.0A - graph snmpcollect data
From: Debbie Sparg <dsparg@FGH.CO.ZA>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 19:04:42 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Everyone,

I am having a problem with the graph utility. If I select Tools-Collect Data.
Then from this screen I filter the data specifying the mib variable, instance,
IP address and time frame I want to see, I then press the apply button and see
only the data according to the filters which I set. However, if I then press
the graph button I get a graph which displays all the collected data. What
happens is all the filters are applied except the time range. So if I select
bandwidth utilization for a particular interface on a particular node and I
also select before/after a specific date and time - it ignores the time filter
and graphs all data it has for the other filters regardless of the time.
Is this a bug or a feature?
The time filter only allows me to select before/after a date/time - how am I
supposed to select a range (incorporating greater than and less than operators)
- for example to select data to graph only for a specific date.
Any hints/help very much appreciated!

Thanks
Debbie Sparg
(dsparg@fgh.co.za)