Fw: NetView Distributed Management

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Fw: NetView Distributed Management
From: Rob Clark <rob.clark@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 18:12:54 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Matt,

>> Downstream MLMs perform discovery, status polling, SNMP
>> data collection, and trap filtering at the subnet level.
>> They can report up to one or more NetViews. Regardless
>> of the MLM platform, the NetView can be Unix or NT (V5.0a
>> or V5.1)
>
>MLM functions only at the subnet level? Is there anyway to expand
>this to multiple subnets? Most or our campus have many subnets, which
>we would like to "manage" with one MLM.

You can populate the Status Monitor table with IP Addresses outside
the subnet and the MLM will report on those status changes.

>What is the plan to allow Netview NT "central manager" to configure
>and view MLM MIBs? This is the APM feature right?

Yes, the Agent Policy Manager is a comprehensive integrated application
that allows you to manage all your MLMs.

Unfortunately I can't comment on futures, but I can say these are two
popular requests.

 - Rob Clark