Interface Addr Change & Config Checks.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Interface Addr Change & Config Checks.
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles@INTEL.COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 08:04:04 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
This is a NetView NT question...

When I change the address of an interface on a router, I can understand
that the old icon turns red... because NetView doesn't know whether
the address has been changed, or the interface is down.

But... once NetView does a configuration check for the router, shouldn't it
get rid of the old interface icon, and bring on a new one for the new
address.

Shouldn't it do the delete on the old interface icon even if that interface
has been set to unmanaged?

Obviously, the reason I'm asking is.. that this doesn't always appear
to be the case.

Regards,

Gary Boyles, Intel