Re: Interface Addr Change & Config Checks.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Interface Addr Change & Config Checks.
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 19:05:14 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I always tell my customers that deletion is not Netview's best thing; that it
errs on the side of caution.
Therefore, if you are doing fancy things like moving addresses between
routers, or swapping
out routers and replacing them with new ones, and you KNOW you are doing it,
just delete and
rediscover those routers. It is the fastest, cleanest way to do it. If someone
besides you does this
work, and they don't tell you about it, you can report them for not following
change-control
procedures. I know... network is the LAST department to implement change
control...

Cordially,

Leslie Clark
IBM Global Services - Network & Systems Management - Detroit