Re: NV5.1/TME 10 Desktop for Windows Problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV5.1/TME 10 Desktop for Windows Problem
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:37:13 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Right, I think that is the issue here - cross-platform support.  The Tivoli
Desktop for Windows will launch GUIs for Tivoli  products on the NT box,
provided those apps have a local GUI.  But it will not launch the NetView
GUI for a NetView running on a UNIX box.  You need an X-emulator for that.
I believe (because I haven't tried it) that the Desktop for Windows can
launch the NetView for NT GUI if NetView for NT is installed on the box.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM> on 10/21/98 10:51:53 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>