Re: T/EC integration with NV

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: T/EC integration with NV
From: Petr Vladimír <Petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 12:37:35 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello, Joe;

Basically, you should carry out the following:

- let there be a two-way connection between TMR A and TMR B
- if you want to use console in TMR B (where there is no Event Server),
register, i.e. add the following resources into the Name Registry on the
TMR B server in that region with the wregister command (man wregister):
wregister -i -r EventServer
wregister -i -r EnterpriseClient
Then ensure that the resources have been registered by running wlookup
-R. The resources should be in the resource list.
- install consoles on nodes in TMR B
- exchange resources between the regions
- create consoles for you administrators in TMR B from TMR A, e.g. log
in to the TMR A server and create the consoles:
wcrtconsole -S @EventServer @ManagedNode:<TMR_B_node>
@Administrator:<TMR_B_administrator>
Thus you create a console on the TMR B Administrator's desktop running
in the TMR B.

That should work.

Best regards,
Vladimir.